2013-03-27

If you don't believe in the importance of punctuation in writing, give a look at this image:


Let's say you want to become a master in the fine art of using commas. A good website for this and other grammar tips is:


Here's a collection of articles on commas:

Here's a short story about the importance of commas and punctuation:

A professor wrote the following sentence on the board and asked his class to punctuate it:
Woman without her man is nothing.
Half of the class punctuated the sentence in the following way:
Woman: without her, man is nothing.
The other half of the class responded with the following:
Woman, without her man, is nothing.


Categories:

2 comments:

  1. Interesting! I am a punctuation lover, perhaps a 'phile. I also love neverending sentences because that's how I speak. When ive used too many commas and semicolons (I save colons for resumes) I throw in a dash.

    ReplyDelete

Follow me on Twitter!