2012-01-02

I've recently discovered Derdriu oFaolain's stories.

In a few days I devoured read "A Matter of Life and Death" (collaboration with WhatsMyNomDePlume), "And With Thee Fade Away," and "Clockwork."

Please keep in mind that if you begin to read any of these stories  

1. You won't sleep anymore. I've been up until 4 a. m., glued to And With Thee Fade Away's last chapters.

2. You'll risk dehydration, as I did reading A Matter of Life and Death's 7th chapter:
cry
3. You'll need to watch your heart. I believe that making readers laugh is much more difficult than making them cry. Derdriu will make you laugh (not just smile, laugh), cry, gape, and feel a new set of feelings you would have never imagined that could even exist. Is she a magician? Is her talent legal?

4. You'll never look at canon Edward with the same eyes. After reading And With Thee Fade Away, I'm afraid that canon Edward and the other canon vampires are ruined for me. Derdriu's Edward's shades and conflicts are so, so complex and involving... 

5. You'll meet an excellent writer. I pay a lot of attention to writing style. Derdriu's style is so good, elegant, brilliant, original that she could leave you speechless just rewriting the telephone guide. 

Here's a blinkie for Clockwork


Summary: "Bella is a scientist in 1942. In 2010, Edward suffers from a traumatic past. A chance event allows their paths to cross, but decisions they have not yet made threaten to tear them apart. AH."

Here's a blinkie for A Matter of Life and Death


Summary: "Forget being scared to death, Bella Swan isn't even scared of death, something that both greatly annoys and--even if he won't admit it--entices Edward Cullen. If only she weren't trying to destroy him."


4 comments:

  1. I nearly turned myself inside out laughing when I saw the pic about risking dehydration. Brilliant. And so is Derdriu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment, Jmolly!

    Derdriu is sparkly brilliant! :)

    - Raum

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clockwork is definitely one of the best I've ever read. It's amazingly original and well-written. Thanks for this lovely post.

    ReplyDelete

Follow me on Twitter!